Client: Central Queensland University / Knight Frank
Mechanical Contractor: Envar Service Pty Ltd
Project Value: ~ $1M
Completion Date: March 2017
Steens Gray & Kelly provided consultancy services to the Central Queensland University comprising due diligence study to assist with their negotiation of a lease agreement for tenancies within the 8-story building at 10 William St, Perth. This led to agreement of major upgrade to the building air conditioning infrastructure, with SGK being engaged by the leasing agent to establish a brief and oversee the implementation.
Features of the mechanical services include:
- Replacement of existing DX cooling coils in built-up air handling units with Chilled Water coils.
- Replacement of existing compressors with 2-off high efficiency water-cooled chillers and associated cooling towers and pumps.
- Upgrade of chilled water pipework distribution.
- New Building Management System (BMS).
- Provision of supplementary cooling to CQU tenancies.